Monday, November 24, 2014

Bigfoot located, in Oklahoma..... and Damn! Squatch Tastes good

     While out on a recent adventure in Texas, tracking down some leads on some stories to come later, I had to do some trekking in Oklahoma.  And I am glad  I changed  my route on the GPS....
 
     Ok fine I made a wrong turn and GPS put me on a new path.
 
 
 
     They say all things happen for a reason, and I'll be one of the first to say wholeheartedly  who can deny fate.
 
     Out on Hwy 69, about 53 miles North of the Oklahoma  / Texas  border, in a little  town of Caney, OK  you will come across a unique BBQ joint.
 
     Look to your left and you will see Bigfoot's BBQ.  A small family run diner that's huge on flavor.
 
     I always try to visit small businesses when I am out and about.  Fast food chains I can go to anywhere, and I am a big supporter of small business.  I can be frequently spotted at some roadside diner along Interstate Anywhere USA.
 
     Bigfoot's BBQ  just screamed to me STOP!  And who am I for confrontation.  So I marked my GPS  as I had a scheduled  meeting to get to in Texas.
 
     On my return trip I got all giddy pulling into the parking lot.  It's not every day you spot a location with a Cryptid in its name... and I seek these locations out!
 
     Boy let me tell you, mmm mmm mmm.  The expression here in the south is , "it's so  good you'll  slap yah momma".. ... sorry momma.
 
 
 
     I went with the pork tenderloin platter..(my cardiac Doctor will kill me).... wow my mouth is watering just thinking back to this experience.  Juicy, tangy, sweet heaven in your mouth.  No other way to describe it.
 
    
 
 
    
 
 
     Not only is the food great, the prices are easy on the checkbook  too.  The staff is polite, and the service.... my drink never ran empty.
 
 
 
 
 
     Oh..... there's a Bigfoot inside too awaiting photo opts too.
     To date  the best Cryptid  themed BBQ joint I've  been to yet.
 
 
    
 
 So if your heading through Oklahoma,  it's worth the drive on hwy  69... pop into Bigfoot's  BBQ.  Tell them Jaydee  from ParaPalooza  sent yah.
 
 
 
 
 
 
    
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Be safe, seek out your own oddities, and enjoy your travels.
 
Article is by Jason Mansfield: Anomalous Environmental Studies Analyst™ found at www.hauntedarkansas.net, Voice Over Artist, Film Maker/ Prop Designer/ Creative Consultant/ Concept Artist at Binary Entertainment www.binaryentertainment.com, Folklorist, Horror Enthusiast, Writer, Squatchologist™, Legend Hunter & Oddity Tripper™ #BlogOfOdd #WhatTheFringe #OddityTrippers
    

No comments:

Post a Comment